AUSTIN, TX — February 9, 2016 — Artisan Infrastructure, the leading innovator of cloud infrastructure, cloud management and business continuity solutions, today introduced Neverfail® HybriStor™ data protection appliances through channel partners. The new solution addresses the capacity, performance, and interoperability limitations of competitive products with nearly unlimited capacity expansion, scalable performance, instant local/remote recovery, and a multi-vendor architecture. This vendor agnostic approach uses open standards for connecting to most backup and archive applications using an NFS or CIFS mount. The high performance and cloud-scale product also delivers AES 256-Bit encryption for data security in-flight to meet the most demanding compliance requirements.
According to International Data Corporation (IDC), total worldwide purpose-built backup appliance (PBBA) capacity shipped for 2Q15 was just shy of 664 petabytes, an increase of 12.9% year over year, generating a total of $706 million in the quarter. End users are placing greater emphasis on backup and deduplication software, the ability to tier data, and utilizing commoditized server hardware, all of which require market participants to adjust product portfolios accordingly.
HybriStor is a next generation data protection solution with PBBA capabilities that meets the most rigorous data recovery requirements of businesses for recovery point objectives (RPOs) and rapid recovery time objectives (RTOs). With nearly unlimited scalability, the solution provides an answer to the problem of explosive data growth which has slowed legacy solutions to a crawl and restricted backup and archive windows for many organizations.
- Smaller backup and archive windows, improved recovery times and reduced storage consumption – Offers up to 95% reduced storage data transmission and consumption by deduplicating and compressing data before storing to disk. The result is high performance, low memory demands, and massive improvements in storage efficiency.
- Improved WAN performance – Reduces WAN consumption by transmitting only globally unique and compressed data over the wire alleviating the effects of latency, maximize bandwidth utilization and relieve network congestion.
- Instant data recovery – InstaCache™ technologies enable automatic data retrieval from cost-efficient deduped storage to high performance SSD storage for local and remote instant data recovery.
- OpenStack Swift object storage support – Provides a NAS interface and works as a gateway to local OpenStack Swift object storage. Performance can scale-up and capacity can scale-out with deployment of additional object storage nodes.
- Secure transmission of data – Incorporates advanced, military-grade AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission of data in-flight.
- Consistent, familiar, intuitive management – Web UI supports mobile device access and delivers the same user experience across all of them.
- Industry-standard management interfaces for maximum interoperability – REST APIs enable easy integration with 3rd party management tools. NAS interface with AD/LDAP support provides simple interoperability and centralized user management. Eliminates vendor lock-in with support for most data protection software solutions that use an NFS or CIFS mount.
The HybriStor appliance can be connected locally to direct-attached storage (DAS) or object storage, providing unprecedented RPO and RTO performance. The option to connect to object storage provides significant cost reductions compared to traditional disk or tape, enormous scalability for massive data vaults, and long-term data retention for more reliable recovery.
“The Neverfail HybriStor appliance fills a critical gap in many service provider offerings, allowing them to onboard customers that want to use the cloud but do not want to replace their current data protection software,” said George Crump, principal analyst, Storage Switzerland. “Artisan Infrastructure has tailor made the solution for customers that demand performance and efficiency. Its flexible design allows users to leverage their existing backup software investment and choose the hardware platform that best meets their performance, redundancy, and capacity needs.”
“With the Artisan Neverfail HybriStor deduplication system in place, we not only reduced our backup and replication times, but also maximized our storage and bandwidth efficiency,” said Eric Chen, CEO, ProphetStor Data Services, Inc. “We’re also more confident than ever before in our backup and recovery process.”
“HybriStor takes performance, capacity, and ease-of-use to the next level, delivering an industry-leading secondary storage solution that rivals any in the industry,” said Chin Kuo, SVP of Continuity Solutions, Artisan Infrastructure. “The solution overcomes one of the biggest obstacles in object storage — performance. By removing this barrier, HybriStor is set to become the new standard in backup and archive storage at a price point that is equally compelling.”
More details can be found at www.neverfail.staging.wpengine.com/hybristor-purpose-built-backup-appliance/
 International Data Corporation (IDC), Worldwide Purpose-Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) Market Revenue Declined Amidst Market Evolution in the Second Quarter, September, 2015, http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS25914715#
About Neverfail (formerly Artisan Infrastructure)
Neverfail delivers continuously available clouds through a single pane-of-glass SaaS platform. This platform is the industry’s first secure, comprehensive, multi-tenant, multi-cloud management solution for BC/DR solutions, solution catalogs, cloud service billing, service orchestration, monitoring, cloud workspaces and unified communications. Neverfail serves a global partnership of managed service providers, systems integrators, telecommunication providers, data center operators, independent software vendors, governments, healthcare institutions and enterprises exclusively through the channel. Neverfail provides solutions across the globe and operates data centers in the United States and Europe. Neverfail is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in Melville, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Portland, Edinburgh, Scotland and Cluj, Romania. For more information on Neverfail solutions, contact the company at 512-600-4300 or visit their website at www.neverfail.staging.wpengine.com. You can follow Neverfail on Twitter at twitter.com/neverfail.